Friday, January 4, 2013

Tribute to James Rizzi

The kids absolutely loved doing this project! I must admit, it is one of my favorites so far this year. I showed the children photographs of Rizzi's whimsical paintings, and on Wikipedia, there are some great photos of the actual buildings he designed. I was so sad to find out he passed away just last year. The colors and designs are just perfect to replicate in a painting by children! Each student was given a heavy piece of paper, and either a sharpie or crayon depending on grade level. I showed them different ways to draw the buildings and let them go at it. Once the picture was drawn, they were allowed to go back to the paint tables to paint. I don't put the paint on the regular tables, because it seems to go better when they are separate. Anyway, here are the results. Fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm BACK!!!! I needed a place to put my new HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT'S work, so here I am. Things got pretty overwhelming a few years ago...