Thursday, June 5, 2014

Straw Weaving


This is an inexpensive end of the year project that the kids all love. They were getting tired of the wonder-loom bracelets, so I thought I would teach them something that they could do this summer that wouldn't break the bank. A bag of straws from the dollar tree, a skein of yarn from Wal-Mart (multi-colored), and some masking tape and they are ready to go! This is very important, since most of my kids don't have much money to spend. There are several tutorials on line, so I won't go into the how-to's. I just wanted to let you know how popular this was. I let them take them home, so they could finish them. Guess who was popular that day? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm BACK!!!! I needed a place to put my new HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT'S work, so here I am. Things got pretty overwhelming a few years ago...