Sunday, August 23, 2015

Yay!!! We get to PAINT!

Well, I must say that Laura Lohman at Painted Paper in the Art Room has it going on with her idea about not using water to paint with tempera! I have always loved to let the kids paint, but the spilled water and ruined paintings have hindered me from painting as much as I would have liked. This was great! The students did a fab-o job painting their warm and cool colors. We went over the color wheel as a review (quickly!) then moved on to more important things...ie. PAINTING! We did discuss warm and cool colors, and the friends we call analogous. They ARE neighbors you know... I had students in grades 2,3,4 & 5 do this. I put down big sheets of paper, so they wouldn't make tooooo big of a mess, and filled up those egg cartons I have been collecting for YEARS. Then I just split the classes up where some did warm, some did cool. We are going to be making collages of something...stayed tuned for what!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome!!!! :) So glad you and your kiddos had a great start to the school year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again for your great ideas! Can't wait to show what they make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm an elementary art teacher and never have my students use water with tempera either. I've always poured the paint into yogurt cups (I get a ton of the drink carriers from fast food places and put the yogurt cups in those with paint).
    my blog is: www.mrsvardasartroom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm an elementary art teacher and never have my students use water with tempera either. I've always poured the paint into yogurt cups (I get a ton of the drink carriers from fast food places and put the yogurt cups in those with paint).
    my blog is: www.mrsvardasartroom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I'm BACK!!!! I needed a place to put my new HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT'S work, so here I am. Things got pretty overwhelming a few years ago...