Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Summer! Don't run away!

Where did the month of June go? Seriously? I have a feeling that July is going to fly by-especially since I have to report for duty on the 29th.  I remember the days when we didn't go back to school until the end of August...(sigh).
Anyway, I have been working on ideas for projects for the coming year.  I will be going to the Create 2013 conference next week on integrating Common Core into the Art class.  I really don't know as much as I need to about CC, so I will have to get back to you on that.

My goal, as an art teacher, is to let the children know that they ARE creative, and not to be afraid to try new things and get their hands dirty.  Everyone has an artistic gift, they just have to figure out what it is.  It makes me so sad when I hear a child (or adult) say they are not creative.  Someone has probably told them that in the past, and that is why they think so.  My job is to prove them wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm BACK!!!! I needed a place to put my new HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT'S work, so here I am. Things got pretty overwhelming a few years ago...